Tag Archives: Technology
Obama campaign launched a new iphone application called Obama 08 over the weekend. This is a real smart move considering there are around 4 million iphone users.
The free application is compatible with the iPhone and iPod touch. It will organize your contacts by key battleground states, and measures statistics to see how you are doing compared to other leading callers. It also provides you with information about the campaign via text messages and e-mail, offers coverage of national and local campaign news, helps you find local events, share the information by e-mail, and get maps and directions. You can also use the application to browse videos and photos from the campaign.
The Internet and technology is positioned to play a huge role in elections. Probably Mccain campaign does not get it.
Robert Collier (don’t know who he is) once said “A single idea / the sudden flash of a thought / may be worth a million dollars.” Well , Google has just proved this to be true . Infact Google is offering 10 Million Dollars for that “Single Idea” which can change the world by helping as many people as possible.
Google has recently launched project 10100 (pronounced “Project 10 to the 100th”). Here is how it works
1. Send in your idea before October 20th
2. Selection of one hundred ideas will be put forward with, the public, to choose twenty semi-finalists. Then an advisory board will select up to five final ideas.
3. Google will bring those ideas to life.
- Reach: How many people would this idea affect?
- Depth: How deeply are people impacted? How urgent is the need?
- Attainability: Can this idea be implemented within a year or two?
- Efficiency: How simple and cost-effective is your idea?
- Longevity: How long will the idea’s impact last?
Click here for more details
T Mobile could launch the first Android based smartphone this October. The “Dream” is expected to be announced Sept. 23 and in stores sometime late October. HTC will manufacture the device and will combine the best features available in Iphone and Blackberry. Analysts at WSJ are already predicting sales estimates of around 300,000 to 500,000 this year.
Sources such as Forbes and Infoworld have leaked some of the features like :
- Large touchscreen with haptic feedback
- Full QWERTY keypad
- 5 inches long and 3 inches wide
- Keypad that either slides or swivels for easy typing/texting
- Internet navigation controls below the touchscreen display
Will ” Dream” be the iphone Killer or is it a big hype?