Sound healing is an effective and proven modality that uses vibrational sound to help reduce stress and create a deep sense of peace.In Buddhist practice, singing bowls are used as a support for meditation, trance induction and prayer.
This app by ocean house media is the next best thing to the real singing bowl.
There are seven pages , each consisting a bowl , gong and a bell. Just swirl your finger around the edges to create excellent tone. I was impressed by the sound clarity.
Just like the real singing bowl , the app produces multiple harmonic overtones at the same time.
1. Shazam : If you love music , download this app. This music discovery engine will identify almost any song in seconds and send you the result . You have the option of either buying the song on itunes or watch it for free on Youtube. (Free app). “It has the potential to change how people discover and buy music.”
Matt Rosoff, Digital Noise
2. Air Sharing (by Avatron Software) : This is a must have application if you wish to take your documents wherever you go. The installation is pretty simple and it works with almost all available formats. (Free for now)
3. Spore (Origins) : Named as the ” best PC game ” at a recent convention , EA got it right about evolution.This game puts Apple’s motion sensor accelorometer to the test. Though priced at $9.99 , its worth it.
4. Trailers Lite: A must have app if you love watching movie trailers . Pros: High quality trailers , poster flow , preloaded with 50 trailers and updates itself. Cons: Can only be used over WiFi. Alternatively you may also want to try this new app called “Movies”
5. Aurora Feint : Its the first strategy game that i am addicted to. The best part – Its free.